July 27, 2011

Chilaquiles Verdes Casserole

I love to prepare quick and easy meals. Here is a recipe for the Chilaquiles Verdes Casserole that I made last night. Dinner was served in less than 35 minutes; from start to the dinner table. 
 Here is the recipe:
~1 can Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (28 oz)
~1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
~3 cups Shredded Blend of Mild Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
~2 pounds Ground Beef
~1 Bag of  frozen White Shoepeg Corn (I used the steamable bag.)
~1/2 bag of Tostadas
~1 casserole dish 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave the White Shoepeg Corn according to directions on bag.  Set aside when done. Brown the ground beef with seasonings but NOT with salt.  Do not add salt to the meat because the Green Chile Enchilada Sauce comes with enough salt for the entire casserole.  Drain and set aside.  Take the tostadas and break in half. Set aside.  Open all cans; drain the liquid from the Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles. Set aside.  You can mix the White Shoepeg Corn with the browned ground beef if  you want.  I didn't but it doesn't make a difference.  Now, layer all ingredients in this order (bottom to top layer) in the casserole dish: tostadas, enchilada sauce, ground beef and corn, cheese; repeat.  Make as many layers as you need to get to the top of your dish.  Top with the Diced Tomatoes and Chile and final layer of cheese. Here is what it looks like pre oven.
Place the casserole in the oven for 25 minutes.  Let cool a bit before serving.
This is a family favorite in my home...my kids and husband always ask for seconds.  I hope this recipe becomes one of  your family favorites as well.  


3 comments:

Cherish said...

Oh wow, that looks luscious. I'm bookmarking this!

Unknown said...

Looks tasty! Gotta love a quick yummy recipe. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

sofa cover price said...

This is a family favorite in my home...my kids and husband always ask for seconds. I hope this recipe becomes one of your family favorites as well.
electric air conditioned blanket
weighted blanket hot weather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...