November 13, 2011

Bella Nube Rose Tutorial

My sister knows me all too well. I made this... 
out of this.
My sister bought/sent Sam a silk lined wool skirt that she found at a thrift store. She knew I could "fix" it for Sam...and I did.  I threw it in the wash and dryer. Bingo! The skirt shrank so much that it fits Sam perfect now.  The lining is a different story.  
It didn't shrink as much.  So I cut it off the skirt.
I used half of the lining and cut up different sized squares...
cut these square in to random "cloud" shaped circles...
stacked them up by size...
and sewed each "cluster" right in the middle...just a couple of stitches, back and forth ...just enough to hold the "cluster" together...except for the last and smallest "cluster".
To the "cluster" that I didn't sew together, I hand-sewed on some beads...just random.  Then I hot glued it all together from the largest "cluster" to the smallest...added a pin to the back with hot glue...
and done...a beautiful cloud rose pin...
no matter the weather...
Bella Nube is Italian for Beautiful Cloud...and the darkening clouds tonight are definitely beautiful.  They hold an 80% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow...which is a very good thing for a drought stricken central Texas.

15 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

awww so pretty perfect for a winter coat as well.
Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting week!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Racheal Vaughn said...

Oh wow! That is pretty awesome. What a thoughtful sister, too. How creative and useful!

Veronica said...

So pretty and girly!

Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

Kim @ TatjanaGrace said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Pretty! I'm excited to try one too!

I would love it if you'd participate in my weekend homemaking link-up party! It runs every Friday-Sunday and there's a button at the top of my sidebar you can grab to help you remember!

Have a great week!

Sarah

Jill said...

Just gorgeous! I love how you made this flower - and that you used up an old lining to make it!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Julianne said...

So cute!!

Julianne
www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

Naomi said...

This is so sweet. I love it!

Shanea said...

Looks great! Easy peasey tutorial too. I think I will make one for a headband.

EvA. . . said...

oh wow this flower is so so so cute! i love your blog but mostly your love for the Lord. Love your buttons!!! I love it when i find other Jesus overs! following along!! :)

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

So lovely, the colour is gorgeous! visiting via bear rabbit bear linky! x
www.twinklestutustwirls.blogspot.com

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Pretty! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Hi Carmen, you did a wonderful job with the left over lining - such a pretty flower pin. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Annabella MErlin said...

This super pretty! Would also make a great pin clip or a center flower for a wedding corsage! Thanks for sharing this!

Annabella MErlin
Creative photo Albums

yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
nike air max
kobe byrant shoes
nike shoes
lebron 17
kyrie 5 spongebob
jordans
nike off white
supreme new york
golden goose outlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...